In terms of homework, Grade 7s should be doing approximately 45-50 minutes per day. There will be weekly spelling homework assigned every Monday and designed to be completed bit by bit at home, and a test every second Friday. There will also be Saxon Math every evening Monday-Friday, excluding test days. Students may be responsible for completing work that was left uncompleted in class, as well.
The homework for Monday September 24th is:
- Saxon 11 (odds)
- finish journal entry (GCLang)
- Spelling A (due Friday on GCLang)
- study for science test (study sheet on GCSci)
- Wednesday September 26: Science Assessment - Chapter 4
- Monday October 1: Miss Peregrine's assignments due (GCLang)
- Monday October 1: Math Assessment #2 (new concepts to be posted on GCMath on the 28th)
- Friday October 5: Spelling Test #2 (words on GCLang)
Grade 7 students are expected to be reading an at or above level book each night for 25-30 minutes (or more, if your child wishes!). If you have any questions about which sort of book is appropriate for your child, please contact Mrs. Becke.